Philippe Ream likes to defy gravity and logic. This sculptor, photographer and graphic artist is the author of surrealist installations that bring the scene in unlikely and illogical postures. Facilities capture the sculpture staged in a mixture of tragedy and comedy that work like a puzzle to solve.
The artist performs acrobatic performances without special effects or digital retouching in order to show the absurd side of life and conduct usually impossible to man exploits. His experiments wear a harness device scholar and he puts splints, from time to time, in light. His prosthesis-sculptures allow to rise and physically correct way of viewing the world and its representation. He prepares each of his performances with a preparatory drawing, and then takes a picture to capture the scene.
PRIVAT & PUBLIC COLLECTION
- Musée d'art contemporain de Marseille
- Maison européenne de la photographie, Paris
- Fonds national d'art contemporain, Paris
- Caisse des dépôts et consignations, Paris
- Musée d'Art Modern et Contemporain (MAMCO), Geneva
- MYM (Musée yonnais municipal), La Roche-sur-Yon
- Centre des monuments nationaux, château de Oiron
- Domaine départemental du château de Chamarande
- MAC/VAL, Vitry-sur-Seine
- Fonds régional d'art contemporain (Frac)